1. Mr R S Stevenson to ask the Premier:
(1) How many (a) special audits, (b) special investigations and (c) forensic audits were conducted by the Auditor-General in the province in (i) 2007/2008, (ii) 2008/2009 and (iii) 2009/2010 up to and including the latest specified date for which information is available;
(2) what was the nature of these audits in each case;
(3) whether these audits have been tabled in terms of section 29(d) of the Public Audit Act; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
2. Mr J Pienaar to ask the MEC responsible for Provincial Safety, Liaison and Transport:
(1) Whether she will provide a full report on the horrific accident which claimed seven lives at approximately 16h45 on Tuesday, 15 December 2009 on the N6 approximately 8km from Cathcart;
(2) whether any steps were taken to ensure the safety of road users on the notorious N6 during the festive season; if not, why not; if so, what steps;
(3) (a) why did it take the Emergency Rescue Services almost an hour to get to the accident scene and (b) for what reason did the ambulance refuel in Stutterheim;
(4) why were no response tents, vehicles and personnel strategically deployed along the road in this area in view of the fact that the N6 is known to be a collision hot zone?
3. Mr R S Stevenson to ask the MEC responsible for Provincial Safety, Liaison and Transport:
(1) Whether any problems have been encountered relating to the ability of SAPS members in community service centres to take down statements; if so,
(2) whether any training courses had been made available to these members with a view to improving the quality of statements as at the latest specified date for which information is available; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
(3) whether any other steps have been or are to be taken with a view to addressing this problem generally; if not, why not; if so, what steps?
4. Mr R S Stevenson to ask the MEC responsible for Finance, Economic Development and Environmental Affairs:
(1) What are the financial implications for the province in relation to the cancellation of the Phakisa Fleet contract;
(2) whether any excess amount is being paid to Fleet Africa over and above what was being paid when that company had the fleet contract for the province; if so, what are the relevant details;
(3) (a) when is it anticipated that a new contract will be entered into and (b) what process will be followed in this regard?
5. Ms V Mvenya to ask the MEC responsible for Social Development:
(1) Whether she has been informed of the proposed juvenile facility in Riebeek-East; if so, what are the relevant details;
(2) whether any binding agreement had been entered into with the Makana Local Municipality to lease the property Mooimeisiesfontein in Riebeek-East as a place of safety for juvenile awaiting-trial prisoners; if so, what is the period of the lease;
(3) whether the residents of Riebeek-East were formally consulted or invited to comment on the leasing of the property prior to the Makana Local Municipality entering into a lease agreement; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
(4) whether the cost of (a) restoring and equipping the premises and (b) securing the perimeter had been (i) calculated and (ii) budgeted for as at the latest specified date for which information is available; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
1. Questions for oral reply will be printed in full in the Question Paper for the day for which they have been set down for reply.
2. *Indicates a question for oral reply.