SG URGED TO HELP FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY GRADUATES – VAN VUUREN

Shadow MEC for Education, Edmund van Vuuren (MPL), middle, inspected the Dumsi Senior Secondary School in Ntabankulu as part of the legislature’s Portfolio Committee on Education annual school visits.  Right is committee chairperson Mzoleli Mrara and in front is committee co-ordinator Mandiswa Daniels.

Shadow MEC for Education, Edmund van Vuuren (MPL), middle, inspected the Dumsi Senior Secondary School in Ntabankulu as part of the legislature’s Portfolio Committee on Education annual school visits. Right is committee chairperson Mzoleli Mrara and in front is committee co-ordinator Mandiswa Daniels.

I have been in contact with the acting Superintendent-General of Education, Mthunywa Ngonzo, the ensure that the list of the 2012 graduates of the Funza Lushaka Bursary is made available at the districts as a matter of urgency.

There may be bursary holders within the group that have the necessary qualifications to teach in subject areas where there are acute shortages of appropriately qualified educators.

I have requested the SG to give the necessary instructions to the Acting Chief of Human Resources and Development, Mr. Payi to have these lists made available to all relevant districts with immediate effect.

The non-permanent appointment of these bursary holders is also of great concern.  Mr Ngonzo indicated that new systems would be put place to have these bursary holders appointed permanently.

I have also brought recent incidents where principals have suspended learners without following due procedures to the attention of the SG.  Access to education is a constitutional right of all learners.

I have requested Mr. Ngonzo to rectify this matter by issuing a memorandum and warning principals to refrain from these illegal actions.

Furthermore, I have received numerous queries that schools refuse to re-admit learners who failed last year.  These unilateral decisions by principals to deny such learners access to education cannot be condoned.  It is against departmental policy and principals should be made aware of it

7 comments on “SG URGED TO HELP FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY GRADUATES – VAN VUUREN
  1. Surika says:

Does this include all bursary holder who have not been appointed? Or just 2012 list? I know of people who graduated in 2010 and 2011 who have not been placed/appointed in permanent posts?

2. junete whulu says:

I dont even know what I am doing. Myt name is junete whulu from the smoll town call elliotdale under mbashe local municipality.
    I am one of the funza graduate 2012 I was studing at wsu ibika on butterworth education. Technical tee fet phase I don’t know what to do
    Please help me in terms of leting me know what to do. Please help me my contuct its 0799813286 and email address its zagen7@webmail.co.za I really want to be placed around eastern cape

3. Kaelin says:

I graduated in 2011 at NMMU in the Eastern Cape. I have been working at a school as sgb since I graduated. posts have just become available. The schools governing body decided on the applicants in the school. Should us as funza bursary holders not have been considered first? As there are 4 of us in the school and not one nominated for the posts.

I would really appreciate feedback on this matter.

4. Zikhona Ngavu says:

I am also funza lushaka bursary holder for 2012 in the eastern cape I went to my district that is Mthatha district and they told me we are no longer 1st preferance so I should wait for the post,and they are still dealing with temporal educators.Then I applied at Qumbu district in a vacant post in September and I received a reply that says the posts are closed now,so my documents came back from Bisho not processed and I don’t think they will be processed,applying for Funza lushaka bursary its just the waste of time and those who did not get bursary I employed that is our province,if you were born poor you will die poor.Thank you very much I was just speaking out

5. I also funza lushaka bursary holder for 2012 in Durban who is not placed by districts around metro .my major modules are maths and English but as an intermediate and senior I can teach all leaning areas .I want to know what I can do.my number is 0846757141.

6. Namhla Quza says:

Iam a funza lushaka bursary holder for 2010 i supposed to get placement in 2011 , my distric gave me an answer that i was not happy with, what must i do . Please help me find a job , iam willing to get job anywhere in the eastern cape because im desperate, Thank you.

7. Siphiwe Nomthandazo Gumbi says:

I am a Funza lushaka bursary holder for 2012, I’m still not employed, I was supposed to be placed in 2013. I am a foundation an intermediate educator. Please help me to find a job I’m in KZN HLuhluwe, my number is 0835488606