67. Ms R S Stevenson to ask the Premier:
(1) (a) How many outreaches were conducted by her Office in the 2008/2009 financial year and (b) what was the estimated cost of each outreach;
(2) whether all the municipalities that funded upfront costs had been reimbursed as at the latest specified date for which information is available; if not, (a) why not and (b) when will they be reimbursed;
(3) whether any sponsorships were obtained for these outreaches; if so, what are the relevant details in each case;
(4) whether municipalities covered any additional costs in respect of these outreaches that are not being reimbursed; if so, what are the relevant details;
(5) (a) what was the total budget for outreaches in the 2009/2010 financial year and (b) what amount of this budget had been spent as at the latest specified date for which information is available?
68. Mr R S Stevenson to ask the MEC responsible for Agriculture and Rural Development:
(1) Whether an employee whose name has been forwarded to his Office for the purposes of the reply was suspended from Uvimba Finance at any point in 2009/2010; if so, for what reason;
(2) whether any disciplinary enquiry was held in respect of this employee; if so, what was the result of the enquiry;
(3) whether this employee had been reinstated as at the latest specified date for which information is available; if so, why?
69. Mr R S Stevenson to ask the MEC responsible for Provincial Safety, Liaison and Transport:
(1) What amount was spent by the South African Police Service (SAPS) in the province on the 2010 National Police Day held in Bloemfontein in respect of (a) bus transport, (b) train transport, (c) any other transport, (d) accommodation, (e) food and beverages, (f) overtime pay for officers covering shifts during the period of leave given to those attending the event and (g) any other costs incurred as a result of holding this event;
(2) whether any disciplinary steps have been or are to be taken against those who failed to attend the event; if so, what are the relevant details;
(3) what selection process took place to determine which officers would attend and which would not;
(4) how many SAPS officers in the province (a) were asked to attend the event, (b) actually attended the event and (c) did not return for duty the following Monday morning;
(5) what was the effect on crime levels in the province of SAPS members being removed from normal duty for a three-day period plus subsequent leave time?
70. Mr D B Haddon to ask the MEC responsible for Provincial Safety, Liaison and Transport:
Whether her Department had appointed a Provincial Transport Facilitator for the period of the 2010 Soccer World Cup as at the latest specified date for which information is available; if not, (a) why not and (b) when will such an appointment be made; if so, (i) who was appointed, (ii) what is the term of the appointee’s employment contract with her Department and (iii) what processes were followed in the appointment of this person?
71. Mr J C Cupido to ask the MEC responsible for Finance, Economic Development and Environmental Affairs:
(1) How many international trips were undertaken for the Eastern Cape Gambling and Betting Board (ECGGB) by the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board, whose name has been forwarded to his Department for the purposes of the reply, in (a) 2006, (b) 2007, (c) 2008 and (d) 2009, regardless of what position he was holding at the time;
(2) (a) who pronounced this employee as CEO and (b) when was this done;
(3) whether the Board (a) was consulted and (b) agreed with this employee being appointed and pronounced as CEO; if not, why not; if so, when;
(4) whether this was minuted; if not, why not;
(5) whether any members of the ECGBB reside in other provinces for more than 50% of the year; if so, (a) how many, (b) what are their names and (c) what is the rationale behind having them on the Board instead of members of similar experience and qualification who reside permanently within the province;
(6) (a) when were the last three occasions that the Board increased the allowances of Board members and (b) from what amount to what amount were these allowances increased in each case;
(7) what is the breakdown of the total amount claimed in respect of allowances and expenses by each specified member of the Board in (a) 2007/2008, (b) 2008/2009 and (c) 2009/2010?
72. Mr J Bici to ask the MEC responsible for Local Government and Traditional Affairs:
(1) Whether any council meetings were successfully convened by the iNgquza Local Municipality from 1 Jan 2007 up to and including the latest specified date for which information is available; if so, (a) how many, (b) on what dates and (c) what are the further relevant details; if not, why not;
(2) whether any steps have been or are to be taken by his Department to address this situation; if not, why not; if so, what steps?
73. Mr D B Haddon to ask the MEC responsible for Housing:
(1) Whether she has been informed of the media reports of 22 February 2010 which stated that two directors from her Department were arrested for drunken driving; if so, who were the officials concerned;
(2) whether any steps have been or are to be taken against these officials by her Department; if so, what are the relevant details;
(3) what action will her Department take should these two officials be found guilty in a court of law and convicted?