383. Mr R S Stevenson to ask the MEC responsible for Finance, Economic Development and Environmental Affairs:
(1) What total amount in conditional grant funding was (a) underspent and (b) returned to the national Treasury in the 2009/2010 financial year;
(2) what are the relevant details in respect of each specified grant in categories (a) and (b) referred to paragraph (1) above?
384. Mr D B Haddon to ask the MEC responsible for Education:
(1) With reference to a report in the Daily Dispatch of Friday, 19 November 2010 relating to a full-time councillor in the Amahlati District Municipality who is also employed as a teacher, in contravention of the Public Service Act, on what date will the outcome of this person’s appeal be made known;
(2) whether any disciplinary action will be taken against this person; if not, why not; if so, what action;
(3) whether this person will be (a) charged with fraud and (b) made to pay back (i) all monies received as a double salary and (ii) legal costs in view of this fruitless and wasteful expenditure; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
(4) whether this person had resigned from either of the two positions as at the latest specified date for which information is available; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
385. Mr P E van Vuuren to ask the MEC responsible for Education:
(a) When will the post provisioning for the province be declared, (b) when will staff establishments be made available to individual schools in the province by the Superintendent-General and (c) what is the anticipated nature of the post basket?
386. Mr D B Haddon to ask the MEC responsible for Provincial Safety, Liaison and Transport:
(1) Why has there been a six-year delay in getting the Metered Taxi Association in Port Elizabeth registered, despite all required processes being followed and all necessary documentation submitted;
(2) why are minibus taxis provided with demarcated parking and ranks, whereas no such facilities exist for metered taxis;
(3) why are members of the Metered Taxi Association not allowed to attend the meetings to participate in deliberations on the awarding of permits, which other taxi owners and associations may attend;
(4) by when will this association be (a) registered and (b) placed on an equal footing with minibus and other taxi organisations in the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Municipality?
387. Mr D B Haddon to ask the MEC responsible for Human Settlements:
(1) With reference to the written reply to question 317 regarding the Torah Africa housing project in Alexandria, why has the current rectification budget increased from the original amount of R9 866 226 to R30 850 223;
(2) if 337 units are to be rebuilt and only 57 units are complete and 197 at various stages of construction, what is the status of the remaining 180 units to be rectified;
(3) by what date is the current project anticipated to be completed?
Leave a Reply